Thursday, January 28, 2016

The reasons why we created debates on video blog

I started this blog because I had become increasingly fascinated with debates and
debate topics.  As I watched debate after debate it became obvious to me that
this was a way for people to settle their differences and discuss differences
in opinion in a civil way yet interesting and even entertaining way. 
If only wars could be settled with debates? 

Imagine the bloodshed that would be avoided.  I began to have a deep respect for the men and women who are willing to debate because they are willing to put their belief and opinion up to scrutiny
of an opponent but not just that, in front of a large audience.  To me this is
the highest form of civility and kindness to debate an opponent in an open forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment